About EDventure Web
Founded in 2006, EDventure Web is a collection of educational websites for K-12 students, teachers and parents. Health EDventure and Career EDventure are currently housed under the EDventure Web umbrella and are provided FREE of charge to educators.
Prior to 2013, EDventure Web was only available to South Dakota students, teachers and parents. Beginning with the 2014-15 school year the Health EDventure piece is set to expand nationwide.
icon-cog Health EDventure
Health EDventure is a comprehensive curriculum website that focuses on the importance of living a healthy lifestyle. Website content is based on Common Core and National Content Standards and includes content that can be integrated into the core academic subjects of math, language arts, science, social studies and school counseling for grades K-12. Features of the website include:
- Interactive K-12 lesson plans, games and activity sheets based on health, physical education, math, science, social studies, language arts, physical education and counseling standards.
- Fantastic programs! The Healthy KidZ Club and South Dakota Road Trip. Learn more about our programs.
icon-cog Career EDventure
Career EDventure is a free comprehensive career exploration, planning and development tool with resources for middle and high school students and educators in South Dakota. Features of the website include:
- Separate web pages for each of the 16 Career Technical Education (CTE) career clusters.
- A Personal Learning Plan tool, based on South Dakota’s graduation requirements where students can plan, update and save information on their high school course registration.
- Over 100 Career Byte activities covering general career development as well as each of the 16 career clusters.
- Printable and online games.