About EDventure Web
|Founded in 2006, EDventure Web is a collection of educational websites for K-12 students, teachers and parents. Health EDventure and Career EDventure are currently housed under the EDventure Web umbrella. All website content is based on academic content standards and includes content that can be integrated into the core academic subjects of math, language arts, science and social studies.
|Prior to 2013, EDventure Web was only available to South Dakota students, teachers and parents. Beginning with the 2014-15 school year Health EDventure
is set to expand nationwide. There will be many changes coming this year! Come back often to see what we are up to.
Health EDventure is a comprehensive curriculum website that focuses on healthy lifestyles and illness prevention. Features of the website include:
- Separate sites for students and educators that are secure and password protected.
- Interactive K-12 lesson plans and activity sheets based on health, physical education, math, science, social studies, language arts, physical education and counseling standards.
- A Personal Health Center that includes an online writing journal, as well as a site for students to set goals for nutrition and exercise and track progress.
- A Student site with over 200 printable and online games, lesson plan resources, activity sheets, and a Personal Health Record.
- A Teacher site that provides a suggested plan of study for each grade level, standards correlation, instructional strategies, lesson plans, resources for each topic and an assessment/rubric bank.
- A Parent site that includes fact sheets, a Personal Health Record, an Exercise Tracker and a Calorie Tracker.
- Fantastic programs! The Healthy KidZ Club, South Dakota Road Trip, and Getting it Together.
Career EDventure is a comprehensive career exploration, planning and development tool with resources for middle and high school students and educators. Features of the website include:
- Separate web pages for each of South Dakota’s 16 career clusters.
- A Personal Learning Plan tool, based on South Dakota’s graduation requirements where students can plan, update and save information on their high school course registration.
- Over 100 Career Byte activities covering general career development as well as each of the 16 career clusters.
- Printable and online games.