We have two unique programs available for grades K-12. Our programs aim to introduce health topics in a cross-curricular format as we understand that classroom teachers have a lot of learning to fit into each short day. Health topics are often something that can get skipped, but not when they are tied to a variety of other core subject areas!
Healthy KidZ Club (Grades K-3) – Membership Required
The Healthy KidZ Club (HKC) is an opportunity for K-3 grade students to practice important healthy habits while participating in a club atmosphere. Throughout the program students complete one health-related challenge each month (September-April) to earn a sticker to place on a badge. Also included are standards-based lesson plans for the challenges and optional weekly cross-curricular activities that reinforce the monthly theme.
- Incorporates health topics into core subjects of language arts, math, science, social studies, and school counseling.
- Gives students an opportunity to earn incentive stickers to place on a badge upon completion of a challenge.
- Gives K-3 students an awareness of health topics.
South Dakota Road Trip (Grades 3-5) – Membership Required
The Road Trip takes students on a virtual tour of South Dakota. Throughout the program students make “stops” at large, small and historically important towns in their home state. While visiting each town students learn town history, state history, and a healthy habit. Games and activities are included to reinforce the topics discussed. While “traveling” students also practice map building and creative writing.
- Compliments South Dakota’s 4th grade social studies standards.
- Incorporates health topics into standards-based curriculum in a fun and unique way.
- Gives students an opportunity to thoroughly explore South Dakota.
Not from South Dakota? Contact us about getting a Road Trip program started in your state!